Monday, February 6, 2012

Home-Stay Weekend


This weekend, Angel opened her home to Celiz and I. She was so excited to have us and did everything in her power to make sure we were comfortable.
On Saturday, she took us to a museum that was like a smaller version of OMSI. I am pretty sure Angel enjoyed it just as much as we did which was great!


For lunch, we were taken to Domino’s Pizza! Yes, you heard me right, DOMINO’S PIZZA! I can’t even begin to explain how amazing it was and how much it tasted like pizza back home!


After lunch, Angel took us to the Zoo, which was conveniently right across the street from Domino’s pizza. It was sort of funny because all of their “exotic” animals were things like dear, rabbits, hamsters, foxes, and garner snakes! Funny, but still a very great experience. J





Later in the evening, we were taken to a Don Moen concert and I even ended up buying his CD! There are two songs I want you all to look up and listen to of his. The first is called “Uncharted Territory” and it really helps to explain some of the struggles I have been going through here. This song really touched my heart and I know that God was having this song played just for us. The other song is called “Somebody’s Praying For Me” and I am dedicating this song to each and every one of you that has been keeping my in your prayers as I am here in India and I just want you to make sure that I appreciate it tremendously!


Sunday… Celiz and I braved a Tamil Service at a Protestant Church. And if you were wondering what Tamil means, it the language that is spoken in this state of Tamil Nadu. Therefore, we sat in a three hour long service, spoken in another language. Although it was challenging, it was challenging in a good way. Even though I couldn’t understand a single they were saying, it gave me time to reflect on how God was working in my life and where had taken me. I know that I did a lot of “soul searching” during those three hours and I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way! 



No comments:

Post a Comment