Monday, February 6, 2012

The New Indian Express


Every week I go to my internship, which I was so amazingly placed at The New Indian Express which is a national newspaper based here in Coimbatore! This week, I got to go out on assignment with a staff writer. All I was told about my assignment was that I would be accompanying the staff writer to Forest College of Genetic Tree Breeding. Seeing as I know nothing about this palace, I researched the College and formulated as many questions as I could about their mission and what they do there…. Unfortunately, it was nearly useless to have done that. Come to find out that the “meeting” I was actually going to a very official conference with a lot of the press already there!

I even got to interview the director of the entire conference, which was a fantastic experience! The goal of the conference was the devise a method of how to deal with global warming in India as it relates to trees and vegetation. It was really interesting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment